View Single Post
Old 02-28-2016, 02:24 PM   #13

Since I didn't reinstall the aluminum slider panels I noticed my front panel was obviously not there (previous owner). I ordered a new one from Honda for about $25. I also trimmed the lower section so there was very little under hang. My thinking is nothing to hang on to a mud hole when backing out. The stock design would act like a rear facing scoop....so I trimmed a little and it turned out almost not noticeable.

I also trimmed the inner fender skirts back quite a bit. My thinking was easier access for working on stuff and easier to clean after a ride.

Earlier I pictured some steel flat bar for sliders. I jacked the front of the bike up and the stock frame looks like this.

So the idea was to create something simple, that would allow the bike to slide when its high centered, also change the oil and easy to wash mud out, and add some protection for the bottom of the engine. This is what I came up with.

I didn't get a picture of the foot shifter I made, its a socket with solid rod welded in the shape of a foot lever. So far its working fine. Its a tiny bit tougher to shift, but once you get used to it isnt a big deal at all. I did however decide to change the tank stickers.

We have a ride planned the 12th so I will post back with some pics and impressions of the new setup then.
07 CRF50 - Stock