Thread: Ssr xf250
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 12:11 AM   #186

The gentleman I spoke with on the phone, Pete, said that SSR has been raising prices on their bikes. The son of the founder of SSR took over and the sales manager is a former Suzuki dealer rep, and they decided to simply raise prices. Pete said they had a good deal on one of the basic pitbikes, selling it for $999. He said they were selling dozens a month. Then, SSR raised the wholesale price to where he would have to sell the same bike for $1799.

The Lifan is MSRP at $2k, although the 2018 might try to capitalize on the CARB certificate and bump up the MSRP. Pete had an interesting perspective when we were discussing it--he is of the belief it is not a Grom beater, as he feels it is not in the same class as a Grom due to it NOT having a horizontal engine...so comparing a Grom to a KP Mini, in his opinion is like comparing oranges to apples. I didn't want to argue with him, but I feel any mini motorcycle is in the same league; I coined them GLV or Grom-like vehicles. As far as I am concerned, I might want one no matter what they compare to or not.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Last edited by culcune; 05-21-2018 at 12:43 AM.