Thread: What oil?
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 04:39 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroenjunkie View Post
My dad always said oil is cheaper than engines.

I'm surprised no-one mentions Motul. I just did a search and discovered they're French so perhaps not common in the USA. If you are interested Motul makes a huge range of products for all sorts of engines
https://www.motul.com/nz/en

My brother races a variety of classic two strokes and has used the product for years without ever having an engine break.

On the oil change frequesncy my bike had its first at 500km and second at 1000km I have no idea what the oil was, other than very black and runny.
it was likely the china junk in there if you did not change it,before first start up an this was your first change ,if there was no harm done bike runs better should be fine ,an oil for wet clutches work best ,like said i used to sf 10 w 40 motorcycle oil,or motor cycle oil ,many guys have said they got good use of 15 w 40 no matter wich brand ,like said even regular car oil some use ,from 10 w 40 15 w 40 an alot of guys down south use 20 w 50 ,

motul i am sure is just a rebranded oil from your country i never heard of it hear in the states dont meen its not hear though under the name rotella, reality is there as many opinions of oil as there are people who think wich is the right one to use ,i would just say no syn in the hawk till after break in ,just makes sence to be ,with oil guys are going to use what they want an have sucesess with many different oils.

so we are all just giving an opinion ,like the guy above kinda contradicts his post ,more then half the guys hear use 15w40 Diesel oil an works just fine ,you should be fine we can only say what we use