View Single Post
Old 11-26-2015, 04:43 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Pictures man!
You asked for it.

Where I left off yesterday.

The boogered deck.

Looking down the fuel tank. There is a good 30mm of dried out fuel in it.

Bottom of the tank starting to separate.

I flipped it up on the backside to work on the underside. Every one of the pulleys are frozen. There are two 6200 series bearings under the big red pulley. Every thing else is a bronze bushing. Tie rod has been broken and repaired in the past. Bent now. Will probably fab a new one.

After yanking the front axle, I lowered the frame on my cycle jack so I can move it around the garage.

Gonna pull the rear axle/diff and trans tomorrow. So far, the parts list has grown from the fuel tank and gasket kits to include three belts, new springs, two 6200 series bearings, tires, bushings as needed, Drive chain and probably a new seat. This little beast was only made for two years so most, if not all, model specific parts are unavailable. And I haven't even looked at the deck yet.

A bit more research done before I hit the turkey puts this as a definite 1968, model number 57051. The 1969 Toro 910 had electric start. Still trying to locate a downloadable manual for it but did find parts lists on a couple of mower parts websites.

So, there you have it.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts