Thread: dads last bike
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 12:11 PM   #17

well, we spent prolly 2 hrs removing/cleaniing tank and carb. the pilot jet was totally clogged. i ran a tip cleaner thru it and opened it up but some spots in carbs body had deteriorated. and carb drips fuel. but still not to bad, we had it running pretty quickly.

i just ordered a battery, carb and exhaust gasket for a total of $56! i need an ignition switch too but don't know if mine is 2 or 4 wire switch so i didn't order one. but they are $20 or less as well. so for less than $80 i should have everything needed to get it up and running with stock engine.

my buddy is recommending a lifan125 swap as it nearly doubles power output and is a more modern 12v system and no battery needed. and that set up is round $300 shipped to door. i may go that route eventually but for now i am just gonna get it going and have fun with it as is. the one thing i like about the stocker is the dual range gear box.. the lifan does not have that.

and my dog.... yeah she is interested in bout everything and is very good at picking up nuts n bolts you set on floor. soon as you are busy and not paying attention she snatches em up and goes out in yard and chews on em. she has her one spot she does this so when i come up missing something i walk out there and 90% of time it is sitting in that spot.

she is also real good at getting a drink of water and walking up and licking you on face when you are on back laying under a car drenching your face and glasses!!