View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 12:52 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Nice, fair write-up. Thanks jb!

39hp....so about 15 more out of 50cc's (round numbers). Not bad.
It's interesting to hear that it's just as pipey, if not more so, than the RX3. Did you notice major acceleration difference for that extra 15 horse?
The acceleration is faster, but was hard to give the engine a fair test in only ten miles and trying to keep the rpms within limits.

I did a few roll-ons from 40 to 60 mph that assured me the bike could keep up with traffic.

Quote:
....... I wonder how much the accessories would cost on top of that 7500.00 to get it as dressed as the RX3?
Prices are in USD:

Hard side cases...$430.
Top box............ $100.
Engine guards....$215.

$745 plus tax ~$800

There are other accessories but they are not stock on the RX3 either.

Now that I am looking at the cost of all the accessories I have added to the RX3, the total puts it in the price range of the stock X-300.

Quote:
Did it ride as firm as the RX3? I know....only ten miles. Hard to check out everything.
Another subjective opinion...IMO, the ride was better than the stock RX3. The ride on the stock RX3 really jolted my spine on any road irregularities.

With the Progressive rear shock ($500), the RX3's is about the same as the X-300.

Quote:
Also, I see you're on your tip-toes. Is it taller than the RX3?
In the photo my left foot is flat footed, and my right foot has a toe down. (30" inseam).

The seat height is a little taller than my stock RX3 with the lowering link ($100) and narrow seat ($250).

However, since I mounted the taller 80 series rear tire on my RX3, the seat height is about the same.

Oddly, I could not find the "seat height" in the specs listed in the X-300 Owner's Manual.

To reiterate, these are all "first impressions". It usually takes 500 to 1,000 miles to determine if a bike suits me.

At first look, the X-300 fits my road-oriented riding better than the RX3.

But I haven't given up on the RX3.

I'm still riding it....11,000+ miles.

Every time I get on the bike, it feels like I am at home.

The on-road balance and handling are better than most bikes I have ridden.

The main reason I am considering a bike in the same category as the RX3 is the possibility that I will need to put a lot of money into a pending engine repair.

If that is the case, I would rather put that $ towards a more suitable bike.

jb