View Single Post
Old 01-11-2023, 12:22 PM   #15

my clutch works! my clutch works!

after 2 weeks of tinkering, building and rebuilding both my clutch and slave cylinders, and removing the clutch cover to check out the plates, I FINALLY got it together and working properly. I ended up getting syringes and using them to push fluid in through the SC and backfill the lines up to the MC.

Now I can move on to checking the electrical system.

One of the carbs is still not working. Guy who I have rebuilding them says the slide is stuck and he's tried just about every trick he knows. I'm waiting for final word, but likely will have to buy a replacement.

On a side note....today while looking at a car for my grandson, I noticed some old bikes sitting in the corner of a storage building with lots of dust on them. There was a pair of Moto Guzzi California's. 1997 models, their anniversary models. they were missing a few parts and last time they were plated for the road was 2010. Tanks were rusty but I already have a line on fixing those, right? These might be another candidate for buy/fix/resell. Maybe I've found a fun job for retirement.