View Single Post
Old 09-27-2014, 12:57 PM   #9

I do think the price is a little steep. Especially as these require a oil change every 600 miles if I remember what someone mentioned on advrider's scooter section. It wouldn't be bad for 'one of us' who would have no issue changing oil, but at this price point, I could imagine they are gearing the bike towards a young man or woman, living in, say L.A., starting out at an entry level professional job needing transportation. If they aren't the 'type' that does their own oil (the non-mechanical type and I imagine the frequent changes are due to the warranty) then a dealer would possibly, technically, need to do the changes?

I think our newer member who just got the Roketa Yamaha BWS-looking clone, or the Taotao BWS 150 would be the better way to go price-wise. My guess is mechanically, the Roketa (I believe he said Jonway manufactured) or the Taotao would be fairly stout, although the only advantage I would see out of the Lance is its top speed, while the fit and finish on the Roketa or Taotao would need more tending to. But, putting the Baodiao 50cc together recently, and the Huatian/Lintex BWS 50cc a few months ago, the only issues I can see with fit and finish are dealing more with the hardware than the plastic itself. But that is why one can get a decent scooter for several hundred dollars as opposed to having to finance a premier branded scooter.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard