View Single Post
Old 06-03-2018, 10:22 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet321 View Post
Has anyone experienced a positive improvement with the digital gauges that matt's selling? Do y'all use 93 or regular in your bikes??
I've had mine for almost two years, and I can happily say that Matt's digital cluster is worth the money. Never had a problem with it, and it comes with pretty decent instructions on how to set up the gear indicator wiring. Took me all of about an hour to remove the old setup and install the digital unit. I would highly recommend. As for the fuel gauge, that's a different story. It reads full for about the first half of the tank, then very quickly goes down to E. Not the fault of the digital display unit, just one of the quirks of Chinese manufacturing and QA. I tend to go about 150 miles before I start looking for a gas station. So far I'm averaging about 65-70 miles per gallon on the bike, and that's with mostly around town errands and such. I run QT premium fuel as exclusively as I can, but regardless of the brand, it's always premium. I do the occasional long haul where I'm at WOT for several miles, but it doesn't seem to impact the fuel economy too much. I run a 17/39 sprocket setup, and about 60'ish MPH (GPS verified) is really all it's got. Whoever said that the stock knobbies were sketchy at speed absolutely hit that nail on the head. I think that when I burn these tires out and get switched over to a set of Shinko 705's (what I run on my DR), the bike will be much easier to handle, and possible gain a few MPH without all the interference from the knobbies. That's likely to be a project I handle in the next four or five months.

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up