View Single Post
Old 12-16-2016, 12:40 AM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
Your rear brakes are acting up because of the cheap material the drums are made from. It doesn't take much condensation or dampness to cause them to grab and start squealing. The flash rust gets embedded into the brake shoes and cause both squeal and lock up, or attempt to lock up. I've been round and round on this with many vehicles over the years, as well as customers vehicles when I was a mechanic. I quit using Advanced Auto and Autozone brake parts, and the brake problems I encountered went away. I use NAPA or Car Quest now. I used to use Pro Auto until they went out of business in my area.

You can reverse bleed your brakes without needing the tool for the ABS system. Make sure the ABS module is as level as possible when you reverse bleed. Air naturally wants to travel up through the brake fluid to the highest point of escape. Go slow with the reverse bleeding, and make sure to use a little teflon tape on the bleed screws, so no air gets pulled in around the threads.
Interesting. I've never heard of reverse bleeding. I'll use napa next time unless I swap to rear discs. Which is very tempting and likely to happen