View Single Post
Old 12-14-2016, 11:07 PM   #109

Story time!

My friend lives out in BFE, and every now and then a couple friend's and I head down there with our trucks and bikes. We planned to do that again this weekend. So my truck breaks down. Needed a brake job, finished that up, go around the block and the pedal hits the floor before the brakes even begin to engage. Look under the hood and there is brake fluid all over the booster and the frame rail. So new master cylinder it is. That's not bad, but I need a shop to bleed the brakes because I have that shitty abs module and can't afford the $4000 tool to properly bleed my brakes. I know you guys don't care about that part as this is a bike forum right? So I old you that to tell you this. To kick me while I'm down, the bike is broken down at the moment as well. I hopped on, started my little motovlog, went down the driveway (which has a STEEP incline) a make a left and the rear tire slips out from under me and I almost bust my ass.I think, "damn that was close" and laugh it off. So at about 10 mph, the bike feels wobbly and very unstable. So I limp it back to the shop and I see that the tire has unseated itself from the rim. A spoke also shot itself between my sprocket and my chain.

Now, it's too late for the truck to make the trip, but I still have hope for the bike. I figure cycle gear or any dealership should have a tube that would work but I need to know where I can buy one single spoke locally. Maybe a Honda dealer? Which bike should I ask for? Or if anyone has a part number to one they used. Please help me out. I've been looking forward to this for a while and I lost both of the things I was taking with me within a couple hours.

Pictures for your enjoyment lol!