View Single Post
Old 02-10-2017, 10:02 AM   #5273

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn66 View Post
No not one in my neck of the woods. I guess I am asking have you had any trouble and would you buy it again if you had it to do over or would you buy a more popular bike? Thanks
We own both a TT250 (much like the Hawk) and a pair of RX3's. Like Jay says, it depends on what your riding habits are like and what you prefer.

The RX3 is a load of fun, handles awesome on the paved twisties and is a very comfortable bike to ride, and it comes with storage for store runs. It seems a larger physical bike so it's better on the open road than the TT250 (or Hawk). It's good for fire roads and gravel roads and light trails. A full blown dirt bike with long travel suspension, it's not. It also is "pipey" on the powerband. You need to be over 5k to get any real power. This took some adjustment on my part.

The TT250 (Hawk) with the CG motor is more torquey, has a better mid-range and is much more suited for heavier trail riding, for what it lacks on the open road.

I'll take one of the dual sports if we're going to do some trail riding or a short "fun run" just to buzz around a while but that said, for the most part I jump on an RX3.

The Honda CRF250 is a sweet unit with awesome dirt suspension and modern power....but that comes at a price. Again, it's really a matter of what type of riding you do.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350