Thread: Hawk Shock
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2024, 07:36 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
How much do you wish to lower the bike? A Bashan Brozz rear shock is 295mm, which will lower the rear about 2 1/2 inches, and also has the preload adjustment on it. Meaning your bike would sit similar to mine.
I want to drop it a couple of inches. That's a great price on that shock; I'm definitely going to get it. I've read some threads about changing out the shock on the Hawk, but you know me—I like to hear it straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak. I'm gradually learning, but I'm a slow study in anything that's not a computer (LOL). On a side note, I convinced my son-in-law to order my daughter a 140cc Tao Motors dirtbike. It's neat as heck and purple, and she is excited, but totally new to riding.

After witnessing how far Chinabikes have come and considering what I've been able to achieve with the Hawk, it was easy to persuade him. Plus, he enjoys tinkering! So, I'll be researching that bike soon. (for anyone in the dirtbike forum I will try not to ask too many stupid questions..i promise)

Thanks, Megadan. I think that's the one. Do I need anything else to make the Brozz shock fit?"