Thread: Mt Lemon
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2015, 11:15 PM   #9

Bikes been sitting for a while, but got out today. Took the Bashan on some off roading to see what would happen. I had installed Protaper Fatbars and needed to see what difference it would make.

First off, on the city streets it rides well, slow cornering a dream. Today was over 100ยบ so I put on the camel back and headed up into the hills for some heat relief. Well, never really got any relief.

On the first part of Reddington Road, it is fairly rough, but not technical, heck cars drive it. The bike rode like a haywagon. I just had to grampa it along. Then I took a less traveled path farther in, and that was fun.

The stock tires impressed me, with the amount of grab. Rocks, sand, etc., more like trials riding and the little 250 chugged along in first just fine. I stalled it once, lol, I should have chosen a different line, but committed and almost made it. It was a trench on the uphill that was just big enough for the full front wheel. Couldn't skip over it, and choked the bike out trying to crawl it. Thank goodness for electric start.

Never bottomed out, and in the more slow technical stuff the suspension was great.

My arms are sore, back feels good, so the ride was strenuous, but not brutal. (except the heat).

So the bad, on the way back through town, the throttle started to stick open. 8 miles of traffic lights and revving through the shifts (power shifting at times). Quick blip of the throttle and it would settle down. Going to have to pull it apart and clean and lube etc.

Didn't get much for pictures, I was having fun and challenged good. This thing did better than my DR200. I went up and through stuff I would never dream of taking my Husky TR650. Kindof surprised myself actually. The bike fits me good. The 19" front is just fine

Be a Piggy!