Thread: Templar X 250
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2022, 11:10 PM   #32

X-Pro and Powersportsmax are generally one and the same dealer, and 'X-Pro' is a brand of Powersportsmax. They don't promote that because they seem to have slightly different prices from their online store vs. their Amazon store. Powersportsmax (and the Amazon store by default) are generally a powerhouse dealing in Chinese bikes. The owner of Powersportsmax lives in China (I got this information several months ago) and generally has some kind of special relationship over most all the brands. They relabel many bikes as 'X-Pro', such as the 'X-Pro Hawk' but then started getting into their own branding of unique bikes like the Titan and now the Templar. They do get the financing to purchase the last several bikes of a manufacturer so as to gain a kind of command of the sales market (Safer Wholesale out of Illinois does this as well). They were able to obtain quite a few of the last bikes right before the COVID pandemic hit, and still had bikes in stock when others were clear out of them. One thing I do appreciate is the fact that they will take bikes off their listing when they no longer have them in stock, so one does not have to read all the fine print to see that a bike is on 'pre-order' rather than in stock. Remember those months-long waits during the pandemic from some dealers? They got people's money up front, and seemingly dragged them along for months and months. Now, it wasn't all their fault as the manufacturers probably tell them, "1 more month!" and it ended up taking 6, but when bikes did become available at a higher wholesale price, they there were members reporting that dealers were trying get more out of them. Again, not entirely their fault, but at least Powersportsmax only lists what they have in stock or can source and ship rather than string a customer along. Now, there are members, and I am sure Yelp reviews, showing negative experiences for other reasons, so they aren't entirely without 'sin' but at least they only show what they can sell.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard