View Single Post
Old 08-01-2023, 07:51 PM   #5

You poor guy, hip fractures are the worst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vividpixel View Post
Wear hip armor, get GPS talking into your ear, whichever lesson you want to learn from me to avoid getting into this situation.
This is what I’ve done. Didn’t leave the motorcycle store with the riding gear without buying all the missing armors in both pants and jacket.

For the audio solution you mention I’ve done this already, sharing what I did. This is the best quality audio you can listen to music if you want in helmet and get amazing sound quality way above two way radio systems. But this is a very inexpensive setup for receiving audio from your phone via Bluetooth so you can stop looking and being distracted by a screen.

This will save you a lot of time searching and studying for a solution when you get back to riding.

Bluetooth receiver. Can confirm works with apple phone and android tablet.

Bluetooth 5.0 Receiver

Over the ear headphone monitors they come with different sizes and go in ear so they double as ear plugs for hearing protection. I ride a lot more with no audio at all just with these ear plugs in under my helmet.

Over the ear earplugs

The way you put your helmet on when you have these in your ears and looped over them is to just hold the chin straps of the helmet in both hands and pull them outwards precompressing the foam which lets it slip more easily over your ears with less pressure.
- #42 / #120 Jets
- 1mm thick nitrile O-ring needle shim (removed)
- Kenda K761 Dual Sport Tires
- Sedona Standard Thickness Inner Tubes
- Stock OEM battery, carburetor, spark plug still going strong
- https://youtu.be/dhAYEKH-jFQ

1. Texas Pete's Templar X 250 Torque Specifications Sheet
  2. Texas Pete's Engine Displacement Calculator
  3. Texas Pete's Tire and Rim Compatibility