View Single Post
Old 02-26-2017, 09:25 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyoungbl View Post
Hi Edalsaadio, take a look at a photo of the RX3 with 15" rim and compare with the bike with a 17" rim. You will see that the 15" has a much taller sidewall. As I recall, the outside diameter of each tire is almost exactly the same. Maybe that's why it is so difficult to mount the 17" tire on the rim, not nearly as much sidewall to flex over the rim. I'm certainly open to being proven wrong, being an old fart.

Peter Y.

Hi Peter, clear of the flank of the 15 "rim is high because its specification n that rim is 130 / 90-15" but one when mounting a rim 17 "its specification varies as 130 / 80-17" is high Since 90 to 80 mm is not much difference since in the end increases in the size of the ring that are 2 "difference, and I checked it since my motorcycle came with ring 15" and I changed it to 17 "and the difference Feels in the height and torque of the motorcycle because you have to change the front sprocket by one of fewer teeth so that it can render in climbs to the mountains or else my clutch discs suffer a lot.