View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 06:20 PM   #1

2006 Hitong Falcon back to life

Hey all,
I posted in the New Member forum a week or so ago about my new acquisition, a 2006 Hitong Falcon 50cc scooter. Got it from a buddy of mine for $50 and a bottle of Jagermeister haha.

The bike has been in storage since 2013 and hasn't been ridden. The plastics are in rough shape from getting knocked around in the garage, but the bike itself only has 850 miles on it. My buddy bought it from a lady in 2011 that sold it to him for $100 in the local shopping center parking lot. Apparently she had problems with riding it somewhere then it wouldn't start back up. So my friend replaced the spark plug wire and reconnected the CDI which was half way disconnected. He rode the bike for 2 years, before getting something bigger and parking this one in the garage. He replaced the spark plug with an NGK plug shortly before parking it.

He said when he was riding it last it would go 10 minutes down the road then die out when giving it gas. He had to start it up and let it idle for a bit before he could start going again.

Anyway, I got the bike back to my place and pulled the carb apart. It was almost spotless in the bowl which really surprised me! I cleaned it up a bit and checked the plug which still looks new. The battery is all but dead so I tossed a small lawn tractor battery in to see if the bike would crank up. After turning it over for a while it finally fired and started up only to die again. I can see fuel in the filter and fuel is definitely getting to the carb. I checked the plug to make sure there was spark and there is. I'm going to pull the valve cover off and check the valves next to make sure they are spaced properly. I also need to double check the plug gap.

Anything else I should be checking? I'll try to grab some pics of the beast later today or tomorrow...she isn't much to look at with the busted plastics, but I'm really hoping to get it going to zip around the local roads on.