View Single Post
Old 08-23-2015, 05:09 PM   #1

New left over 2014 CRF250L

• As you guys know from the other post I traded my Will 250 in a couple days ago for a Honda CRF250L.
It has a fuel injected single cylinder 249.6 hp liquid cooled engine according to Honda's websight. Honda says it supposed to get 72mpg but so far I've been average about 55 mpg. I've only road it home from the dealership and to work twice so far (200 miles). Maybe after its broke in fuel mileage will go up or maybe 73 is obtainable at lower speeds.

So far I love the bike, It does not have a kickstarter but it came with free lifetime battery replacement, I'm not sure if that is a Honda thing or if the local dealer provides this service.

The suspension is a lot stiffer than my will 250's was but still comfortable. The CRF is physically bigger and taller then the Will 250 also. These are to different bikes with 2 different price points so I only making the comparison because these are the only 2 dual sports I have ridden. Not bashing the Will because it is an awesome bike as long as you keep it in its capabilities.

The CRF has a six speed transmission. I have noticed that if I cost to a stop with the clutch in and down shift without letting go of the clutch, occasion I cannot go lower then 2nd gear after stopping. Not all the time just sometimes. I have tensioned the cable a little but still does it sometimes. I haven't notice it doing it if I downshift and let go off the clutch after every shift. When it does it I have to take off in 2nd because I'm cant get to neutral of first to try to double clutch it. Hopefully this will break in otherwise I will have to see dealer.
Attached Images