Thread: Idle air flow
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2018, 02:34 PM   #28

Thumbs Up

Hi NzBrakelathes

I think that My problem has been fix now after changing for New O2 sensor. The engine is working fine in any electric Power consumption, hitter grips and culling fans when switch ON don’t kill the engine any more, when idling.

This new O2 sensor when looking on PCHUD readings it is working like supposed to be and mini Volts are between 100.00mV to 750.00mV , when old O2 sensor was installed 530.00mV to 1075.00 mV.

This new O2 sensor is also gets ECU to close loop operation Quicker than the old one.

However the Long term Fuel trim (LTFT) is also falling down to minus 9% in some occasion (it is circulating around minus 5%) but it is responding quicker, I think O2 sensor is sending more correct values to ECU and ECU can responds better and Quicker to all changes in Exhaust gases.

I have ride my bike only for 30min today and it is fill much better and hitter grips was ON and culling fans switch ON to in some occasion, together with fog lights this didn’t kill the engine at all.

If the problem will come back I will definition ask for more help :-)

So after all I have learn a lot:
- - -Butterfly valve has to be fully close when idling
- - - good O2 sensor has to switching between 100mV to 900mV
- --Stepper motor can be tested when removed from the bike and restart ECU 5xON -5xOFF but be carful that the centre tip is not fell out from the motor ( centre tip must to be restricted so motor want push all out) This test will only show stepper motor movement, but it want show if stepper is actually doing what ECU command.
- --STFT short term fuel trim and LTFT term fuel trim view Videos on YouTube
- - -O2 sensors view Videos on YouTube explaining correct operations and testing “O2 sensor explanation”
- - -When switch ON all electric equipment ( in my case 14 Amperes )- Volts will drop normally to 12.1V and engine is not stopping when idling.

When this bike it was on Guaranty time, I have call for servicing 7 times and this crape mechanic cannot figured out.
After I have open the throttle body butterfly valve a bit, it make my bike usable, for last 3 years.

I have make on my bike 10 000 mile with my old O2 sensor which I believe was broken from new, because my bike never work like today

I want to Thank You all for Help and wish you good long rides :-)

Photo of PCHUD screen shot after install new 02 sensor
Attached Images

Last edited by artur94; 11-07-2018 at 04:12 PM.