View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 06:52 PM   #28

Just to expand the thread a little farther still, What does everyone consider the most critical piece of gear to have, not counting a brain container? Myself I would say a jacket, and specifically, a good jacket. No World of Walton, or Sears Roebuck allowed. Third, Gloves. Again, gooders. Beyond that, I'm more than willing to Cheap out/Not have/Leave in closet.

Thinking back to when I first started riding, my first moto-horse cost me about $200, and I thought I was doing good with a 25+ year old Woolco Ping-Pong ball cut out Helmet, and a $25 Generico denim jacket, maybe some work gloves, if it was really, really cold out.

So! Here's the scenario-- You're 17, ou've just shot your summer's savings on a Bike, and have a 15 year old Belstaff helmet, your grandfather left in the attic. You've got $100 free on your next paycheck. What are you buying? Other than beer and smokes of course...

--Vince who did read the thread about the poor lady's knees.