Thread: Rhino 250???
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2016, 09:59 AM   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Racer View Post
Looks like it did a real good job. Did you make that drag bar?
Whoops, forgot to answer this...

Used to drag around a pallet.....but it wasn't doing what I wanted, was a hassle and a half because it always got stuck on everything or left wood shreds everywhere.

The drag is a long story. I first spotted it on Northern Tool and thought, "129.99 plus shipping! I can make one for much less!"

So, I hit my stash, no where near enough angle iron. I hit the hardware stores and by the time I bought all the angle, bolts, box metal for the handle, etc..etc...it was going to be over 200.00, unpainted and the Northern Tool one came powder coated...

So I searched every website...and they ALL ship from Northern Tool (at the time), doesn't matter where you buy it. No free shipping, nothing. So there you have it. Captive audience.

I will say though, for 129 plus shipping, it's worth its weight in gold for my needs and works very well the way its designed. Depending on where you strap the cinder block (and you only need one I found out), the nose plows digging everything up, then it disperses the contents into the inside of the drag and the wider rear end spreads the contents evenly. Pretty amazing for how simple.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350