Thread: Used prices?
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2016, 11:33 AM   #4

Dave, most motorcycles are sold in greater volume than the RX3 and thus have more used ones being sold. It appears that about 400 RX3s have been sold so far (in two years). Most will have pretty low miles on them and I suspect at least 70% are now less than a year old. Thus, very few used bikes to compare with. In that case the selling price is simply what the buyer offers since you cannot say "Hey, one just like this one recently sold for $XXXX so that's a fair price for mine." Consignment through CSC might be your best bet, particularly if you dislike dealing with the tire kickers out there. I have not been happy with trying to sell a vehicle off Craig's List or the local newspaper ad, you might have a better experience. I will offer this: most buyers are only going to look at the MSRP of the bike. That's not what you actually paid or what optional stuff you paid for. The caller will then factor some % of depreciation and consider that to be a fair price for a used machine. I had a Stelvio for sale and all the extras were simply my loss and the buyers gain. Oh, and I still have the Stelvio.

Peter Y.