View Single Post
Old 11-20-2015, 03:44 PM   #1

Colombia AKT TT AdvenTour 250

Its official....Took delivery at about 1pm today. Snuck out of work (not easy to do here) and picked it up. The rear case and mirrors were still not installed and the license plate was ready but had no holes drilled in it . The gas tank had maybe 5 tablespoons of gas . Left the dealer and promptly rode to the nearest gas station in a light drizzly rain. Lots of positive comments and questions...Keep in mind I dont speak Spanish...yes, 4 years in Colombia and I dont speak Spanish...Dont judge me!!! Answered the questions the best I could and was on my way. The power is amazing after driving the FZ16 (12hp) for the last 3 years. The throttle is very sensitive and the sound is deep and throaty. Rode to my buddies house to drill and install the tag and then off to work. Arriving here I had a permanent smile on my face. My coworkers were laughing at me because I was so happy. Truly like a kid at Christmas. This bike is a beast. Its tall and wide and I am loving the feeling. The shifter feels a little low but going to live with it a little while to see how things shake down over the first few hundred kilometers. The bike gets full maintenance included at the dealer for the first 5 visits. They pay everything except the cost of oil. After that the next 5 or however many visits they pay 50% of everything. Includes all adjustments per the manual. The only caveat is that you must bring it to them within a 500km window. Not shown is the small tank bag they included. Of course more pictures to follow when the weather is better. So far (about 10km anyway) I am one happy camper. Lots more to follow

Name:  tag.jpg
Views: 727
Size:  97.6 KB

Attachment 4006

Attachment 4007