View Single Post
Old 11-06-2014, 12:57 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
In case anyone is wondering, I'm not trying to give you a hard time. I merely find the entire scenario very difficult to understand. I appreciate your concerns. However, based upon 6 years of personal experience with Zongshen products, I am not worried myself. Nevertheless, I do suggest you send a personal message to Mr. Jackson, and see if he replies. Perhaps if he engages you in several messages, he can explain matters better; I hope this is the case.

I can not recall hearing of any new Chinese motor which needed to be replaced, let alone a Zongshen motor. All Zongshen motors are thoroughly tested at the factory before they are installed in the motocycle. If Mr. Jackson's mechanics were so inept to install a replacement engine without connecting the crankcase vent hose, I wonder what else they might have neglected when assembling the bike. I am not trying to be unkind, but I also wonder about Mr. Jackson's maintenance schedule.

It's also possible Mr. Jackson got a bad engine. Even the Japanese and Europeans produce an occasional lemon. I encourage you to keep digging for the truth.
I haven't felt slighted. I do apologize if I seem like a worry-wort, but I came here to learn more about the Zong Shen. I don't have the benefit of your years of experience, Spud, and I confess I'm not thoroughly convinced of the bike yet..

The bike is a bargain, but it's still a lot of money to me, and to buy it I'll have to part with my trusty KLR250, which has given me 0 problems and takes a lot of abuse. I wouldn't even consider it except I like the Zong, I could do with something a little more road-oriented, and I'm ready for electric start- my old knee can't take too much more kicking!

If I'm thinking out loud here on the forum that's just a peccadillo of mine. Don't feel you have to answer all my mental meanderings.