View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 07:58 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishjew View Post
Hey guys and gals. I am new to the forum and a southern Nevada resident. Been lurking around trying to figure out which dual sport bike to get. I am pretty sure that I have to find one that has all of the necessary DOT, EPA, and FMSSV plates on the frame.
Welcome! Actually, you do not need all of the above; someone had recently posted asking if the Hawk is legal in Nevada, and I was able to find a form that you residents can fill out to convert off-road bikes to street legal. The form was careful to make sure that one knows they can only convert a 2-wheeler.

However, since the Hawk comes with all lighting, and the MCO states 'Motorcycle' not 'Off-road bike' (or make sure it does from whoever you buy it from) you might not need to go through the steps to convert a bike to street legal (and the Hawk is already converted for you). Look a few members down. Otherwise, you are looking to buy a SSR XF250 (member dh has one and lives in Vegas), any of the Bashan Enduros (Storm, Brozz [sold out], Shark, or Enforcer), or more rare--a Dong Fang, or the CSC TT250.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard