View Single Post
Old 01-08-2023, 10:22 PM   #29

Thanks to our garbage ethanol fuel here, I had to order a metal tank. Of course, the color wasn't even close, so I ordered the correct paint from some place in the UK. I'll do it myself.

Then I had to take apart the brand new Amal carb to see if it had the correct float that won't be destroyed by our gas. Of course, it didn't. I ordered one of those today too.....plus ethanol safe fuek line as well. I have plenty....in the wrong size.

Bottom line? All in all, I'm having a great time with it. Now that I have the tank and seat off, the wiring harness is very minimal but looks like it's in fantastic condition. I really think this bike was just stores for a very long time and not really ridden much.

I'm discovering many things about owning a Brit bike. The forums are bone dry. "Just the facts ma'am" (Joe Friday). I research info....then bail, so far. No real chatter like here. Dry, but lots of great tech info. Many of these guys are more machinists than mechanics.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350