View Single Post
Old 05-30-2015, 03:25 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post

Directly use fault light flashing on the instrument for diagnosis.

After confirming there is a fault, if open and close the key for three times, namely, open —close—open—close—open the key, the fault light will come to a flash code corresponding to the fault. And then through the fault code table identify the corresponding fault. With fault light reading fault, the rules of the flash code are as follows, for example, if the fault is the intake air pressure sensor is disconnected or the signal-side pin shorts to battery negative, after the key is opened and closed for three times the fault light will first flicker for 10 times on behalf of 0, flicker for 1 times on behalf of 1 after an interval of 1.2 seconds, flicker for 10 times again on behalf of 0 after an interval of 1.2 seconds, and after an interval of 1.2 seconds flicker for 7 times on behalf of 7 , namely, P0107. It is thus clear that other figures from 0 to 9 are expressed by the times of the flicker of the fault light except that figure 0 is expressed by flicker for 10 times. If there are other fault codes, such as fault P0201, which means there is a fault in the front cylinder injector, the fault light will continue to flicker P0201 fault code in 3.2 seconds after finishing P0107; if there is no other fault, the fault light will flicker P0107 and P0201 circularly, and then check the fault code table for related faults.
I disconnected the O2 sensor to create a fault so the "engine" light would stay on when the bike was started.

Tried this method a few times and got absolutely nothing

Went on to do a few other things to my bike which involved disconnecting the battery.
The battery was out for about 1/2 hour.
Re fitted the battery, turned the ignition on and there it was flashing at me with the correct code

I haven't as yet repeated this so I'm not sure which part of what I did made the difference.

One more point is that I know I already have this fault code stored in its fault history. So not sure if it is reading this one or the fresh fault I created.

But it does prove that the flashing fault light does work

Soon I will be adding a new section to the first post

" What the hell is all this EFI stuff doing" &

" WTF are these gauges telling me"

A very basic guide for myself and anyone else , so check back