View Single Post
Old 06-24-2016, 04:36 PM   #7

Big update! I got a new exhaust system for the bike and after spending a lot of time tinkering with carburetors and jetting got the bike to go 62 on a good flat piece of pavement. Since my last post I've installed 1.5" handlebar risers (awesome upgrade!), front headlight with high/low beam, Led taillight with front brake switch, a neutral indicator light, and a ghetto rigged handlebar mount for my phone (used for GPS speedometer). When I first installed the light setup I had an issue with the taillight being extremely dim at idle. I took a voltmeter to the system and found it was only outputting 5.6v, but when the engine was revved up the charging system would put out around 12.9v give or take depending on RPM. At first I thought it was a charging system malfunction, but I did some research and found many people had the same issue but it was fixed when they installed a battery. I really didn't want to go through the hassle of mounting one and also didn't want the extra weight, so I grabbed a big old capacitor and ran it directly off the output of the rectifier I installed. The bike puts out a steady 12.6v at idle and maxes out around 13.9v at full tilt. All the lights are bright and the taillight is very visible from a distance. At this point I'm gonna try to get it street registered here in Southern Illinois and hopefully have myself a nice little mini enduro bike! Heads up to those around this area, the Napa dealer in Carbondale sells Chinese Bike parts for stupid cheap. They also ship it's called VMC chinese parts, I've been going through them for most of my stuff. Does anyone know of a good tach/speedo setup for a good price? I'm considering a trailtech vapor setup but would like something a little less expensive. I'll keep you guys updated on whatever happens next with her!
Attached Images