View Single Post
Old 11-05-2015, 08:57 PM   #1

Panterra 90cc build

I got the little pit bike about 90% done so I figured I'd do a little write up on the build I did. I first got the bike when I was in 5th grade, rode the craps out of it untill high school and then it sat in my parent's garage since then. I took a trip back out there over the summer and decided to revive the old girl. After a good carb cleaning and some adjustments I had her riding pretty good and decided to take her out of retirement. I ripped it apart completely and threw it in the back hatch of the hhr, drove it 14 hours home to Illinois. One of my buddies gave me an old lifan 125 for free so I decided to completely overhaul the bike from top to bottom. I fiberglassed all the cracks, sanded down the paint, and gave her a fresh new look. The engine was a direct bolt up, the exhaust, chain, and intake/carb assembly from the 90 were all direct fit. The only issue was the wiring harness but a couple beers, wire clippers, and wire nuts later and I had it wired up right (well running anyway). The stock carb from the 90 was piddly so I got the carb that came with it from the guy who gave it to me. That one was a hunk of junk with a broken choke and I never got it to run how I wanted, I found a place out here that stocked all kinds of Chinese parts so for $15 I got a brand spanking new pz25 carb. The last thing that it needs for it to run right is a new throttle cable which is on the way! Now I'm just working on cleaning up the cable routing and some of the wires and it'll be done. I have to say this little lifan engine turned this bike into a beast!! So far I've had it up to 51 mph on the GPS Speedo, it can rip some serious wheelies and it doesn't take too much to break that back-end loose through corners. All in all I've spent about $200 fixing it up and it turned out to be one Hell of a budget build 😈
Attached Images