View Single Post
Old 06-01-2016, 10:53 AM   #14

The most looked at would be the one on the muffler so it would be stamped. The stick-on frame label will be present on any street legal motorcycle so it would be there unless the bike was a conversion or custom build. I believe conversions & customs are exempt and only production bikes are required to have the frame label, the exhaust is iffy and will probably vary by state. The law I've referred to 'till now is Federal law requirements of production motorcycles. Since each state has it's own allowance for conversions and custom builds the state will dictate. In Ca. it's a bitch to street legalize off-road stuff, in Az. I see all kinda stuff with license plates cruising around; quads, UTV's, etc. If it has lights, horn, & mirrors you get a plate. They apparently don't even concern themselves with DOT tires from what I've seen. Riding a Banshee to the store with no helmet and wearing a side arm was a crazy taste of liberty for me, not that I usually want to ride without gear, but it's nice to have that freedom. I always want to have a gun, legally would be nice.