View Single Post
Old 04-08-2024, 10:21 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruces View Post
Charge the battery
Better yet replace the battery with a gel battery, oddly enough, mine showed up last year (new 2021 model) with a dead battery, the hot wire to the starter was also loose on mine. A few other tips, sooner rather than later check and almost certainly loosen the valves, mine and from my understanding almost all of these bikes show up with no valve clearance, if it runs like crap once it warms up that is probably what your issue is. I would also recommend dropping 20 bucks on amazon or ebay for a new adjustable pz30 carb, the stock one is tamper proof and they are tuned from the factory way too lean. Check the rear sprocket before each ride, I havent found enough locktite to keep that sucker tight yet. Change the oil before you ride it also if brand new. Other than that I have really loved my bike as a trail bike and for the money it cant be beat in my opinion, Ive got 130+ hours on mine and havent had any major issues yet (knock on wood). I recently rode my friends TTR and another friends CRF and honestly as a total package I like my bike better than theirs.