View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 01:01 AM   #5

I think the permeability standards for tanks is a work in process and has been for a while, I see no new regulations, but I could be just missing it, or the GY5 simply does not pass on it or they know it will not.. The use of plastic tanks has not been restricted. There are other models that have plastic tanks that have 2011 EPA certificates, at least thirty two to be exact. I say at least because some models are coded as “M” or “P” under tank material and many more models leave that field blank. That format or those fields go back to 2008 at least and half the data is left blank and none of the testing data fields has ever been propagated with values. In other words the entry or rating for "Fuel Tanks Permeation" is empty on all EPA models, it is simply blank, which leads me believe that they are about to regulate on it but have not yet.

The claim that they were not allowed to import those because of the plastic tank is questionable.

They have an EPA certificate on the GY-7 what are they saying about that bike, other then maybe October 2011?
BLFNC0.25GY7-001 LIFAN LF250GY-7, they have had an EPA certificate since the beginning of the year on the GY-7.