View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 09:02 PM   #90

Bike storage

I left the bike in Cuzco with Peru Moto Tours. Alexandro Castro and his partner Ada helped me file the paperwork with customs (Sunat) to extend my TVIP for 1 year. Just prior to going to Machu Picchu I submitted the request. It took me 3 days with the help of Peru Moto Tours to get the package (7 pages) together.
After the MP tour I flew home. I had a good trip but it was stressful due to the stomach problems, getting lost, too many rain days and the storage problem with the bike. After 7 weeks on the road alone I was ready to return home.
I will have to return in less than 12 months to move the bike out of Peru. If I do not collect and remove the bike I may have to pay a large? fine or possibly lose the bike. If I return and get out of Peru I will still face the same problem of storage next year. Looking back I would have been better off by buying a bike with a resale agreement or just renting. If you're doing longer stays renting would be less desirable than purchasing in my opinion.
So, assuming the Olegeezer is still among the living, I plan to return and continue further south in 2018 !
Attached Images