View Single Post
Old 05-09-2018, 09:48 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul2 View Post
ohhhhh You hit a soft spot,,
I would definitely call them! I spoke to manny was his name.

The issue with mine was it would start and idle, but the second it was put in gear and given throttle, bang,, it would choke out. So I called and followed their instructions of what to adjust, in what sequence, and with no luck, and then it was a "must be bad gas" excuse line, but they sooner realized it was an internal carb component and nothing external was going to correct it, and might I add I paid extra to have them prep and check everything? and it happened right out of the box.
Now if it was a normal fix adjustment I would have caught it, and I get its not worth the time, but I got pissed with every other "adjustment" then a gallon of locktite on everything that moves, then modifications, and the list goes on.....
Now there are a few schools of thought and keep in mind I'm 30+ year turbine machinist so tools and the such are like breathing,,
With my issue why didn't I just pick up my sockets and drivers and remove the carb, then drill out the set screws that were installed (so they could beat the EPA and get the units in the USA instead of spec-ing out a carb compliant model for another $12), then use my carb needle cleaner kit on the float system to see If there's potentially some debris stuck in a needle valve or torqued float valve in the bowl housing, then rebuild then reinstall and tune with another 2hrs out of my day,,ya,,NO!!!
CALL THEM! you paid for a new functioning unit, and yes I get that compared to the cost of a fully R&D/engineered/time tested unit ours are pretty much free but that doesn't mean they're off the hook for a bit of responsibility, and yes I again understand we love to tinker and fix and modify and so on...but fact remains, you paid for a functioning new unit and when they told you the price, you paid the whole amount and they got all of it, now they need to give you at the least a fully functioning unit.
I'll step off my soapbox now,,, and I hope I put some fire under your keister to hold them to their end of the bargain!
PS- I have 3 with no regrets and torture mine to no end!
I will give TXPower a call tomorrow. Also going to search up that VM26 and some jets. In case it gets sked I did put pure gas (non ethanol) fresh with a shot of Stabil and a shot of MMO so the valves get a bit of lube for break in. I hope to have unit number two assembled this weekend.