View Single Post
Old 02-28-2017, 10:44 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nattex View Post
I have been tempted to take my Phantom 3 Pro with me on a couple of rides also. But I'm a little leary since I have more invested in the quad than the bike. I have thought about picking up a cheaper quad just for that purpose. How do you like the Hubsan products? I had a small cheap version for a short time.
I have the hubsan 501S and its not bad for the money. brushless motors is nice. the props will break though if you have a strike. replacements are cheap on banggood.com the feature on this model made me lazy. the RTH switch brought it back to me easily without me flying it. The transmitter has gps and will go through the AA quick. Like on two 20min flights. so, bring extras. the lipo pack on the hubsan is rated 10c. which these days is way low of a discharge rating. But, the hubsan doesn't seem to need anymore than that. altitude hold is very crisp when you use it. the video is pretty clean except for some jello effect on occasion. So, I think its pretty good deal for the money. its not a 1,000 quad with the gimbal on the camera. but, good enough for me. I don't intend on flying it like a sport quad. I think its good for aerial photos and videos with some cruising around abilities.