View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 01:58 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventore View Post
I went out for lunch together with a colleague who owns a Honda CBX 750cc yesterday. I noticed that my speed indicated on the Odometer is not same as the CBX. My friend told me that he was riding at about 100km/h. But mine indicated 120km/h.

After lunch, we tried to verify again. This time, I am asking my friend to ride at 90km/h and I try to keep up. The speed indicated on my odometer this time is around 107km/h average.

So, if I were to follow them (the CBX team) in convoy to other places, I will have a hard time to keep up with their speed. Those bikes can easily reach 140km/h on highway.

It would be nice to be able to correct the speedometer, but I don't think you can. I presume it to be designed for a 21" front wheel.

You could always add a small digital speedometer that uses a magnet on the front wheel. Several of us have done that.

A GPS / Satnav device would also do the trick.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer