View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 08:48 AM   #10

That's a fact, doc. Toyota is sure having thier share of it now.

The differential episode had me stumped and I can't say I didn't cuss it a few times. See, I was just a youngin in the 60s when my dad was talking about seeing it less than a handful of times in his career, and he wasn't directly talking to me. My comment about what he said was really aimed at what can happen when a person steps back and takes time to think things thru.

The cam cover deal had me worried more than pissed. First concern was fire. The second was the fact it was close to sundown in mid december. Some people don't think it gets cold here, but it can get down right cold. The high that day was upper twenties with a north wind, and that was one of our warm days during that particular cold spell. An example of how cold it can get here. In dec of 83 being young and stupid, my brother and I loaded up the bare essentials for a short survival trip. A tent, sleeping bags, matches and food on a honda atc110 and my new at the time suzi lt125 quad, and headed down a frozen creek. The day time highs were running -15F and the ground was frozen so hard we couldn't drive the tents stakes in. We were probably 10mi from the nearest person and 20 from home. No cell phones back then and our families had no idea where we camped. After breaking nearly all of the tent stakes we did manage to get enough in to hold the tent up. Well, we got thru the night and late the next day decide we'd had enough and headed home. Personally what I learned from that trip was, I'd rather have my testicles nailed to a post than do it again. Anyway, thinking back at the few problems I had with the 400, I have to look at the comical side of it.