View Single Post
Old 01-13-2022, 03:26 PM   #10

Irate

I am currently waiting for results on title/tags for a Hawk250. I live in Montague County in Tx. My tax office refused to tag this bike based on the mfg. name at the top of the MCO. More calls higher up the tax food chain proved fruitless. You can read my post a few posts previous to yours.
What angers me is ALL official Texas government publishing's to the public only define what a motorcycle is and the requirements for street legality(lights,horn,etc). Nowhere in the DMV website, or anywhere else, is there a listing of approved mfgs. or any notice that such a list exists.
Long story short, I took a $260 gamble and drove to the dealer in the metropolex who assured me he could get the bike titled and tagged. I signed the Texas Application for Title papers in his office and gave him the fees,MCO, and other misc. papers allegedly required. I'm ten days out from that process and just watching the mailbox. Who knows?
I don't have much hope but we'll see.
I really wish I had the funds to challenge the GREAT STATE OF TEXAS in court but it seems more trouble than it's worth.
Born in this state, never lived anywhere else, and I get more weary of their crap on a daily basis. I'm also a retired cop with 25 years on the street so I was up close and personal with the BS on that side as well.