View Single Post
Old 04-18-2015, 09:26 PM   #10

Honda Bros Brazil

http://www.honda.com.br/motos/Pagina...-bros-mix.aspx
In Brazil they actually assemble some Honda bikes, which makes them affordable (but the 150 was still in the region of US$4500, or £3000 at the time of purchase), and also means spares are readily available - and cheap! The new Bros will be a 160cc giving an extra 0.7hp!!
I haven't done nearly as much riding in Brazil (in over 3 years) as I have in Peru (in one year!) because the roads are much more dangerous - or rather the driving is! - even though I live in a pretty rural area. My nephew has recently bought himself a Suzuki VStrom in Salvador, Brazil - and I wouldn't ride a bike there if you paid me, not only crazy driving, but the serious risk of hi-jacking (at gunpoint) if you ride anything halfway decent.
Part of my reason for buying Chinese was the anonymity of riding the same sort of bike as everyone else, and under a crash helmet, long sleeves and wearing gloves I am not obviously a gringo!! However my Oli, or maybe my riding style (!!), is quicker than most bikes on the road here, and I have not come across any problems riding in cities or on the Panamerican Highway, and am very pleased at my bike choice now.