View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 10:53 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinballa
Alright folks, we did some more walking around today at the shops and spoke with some repair shops and pizza delivery men and everyone seems to have a different opinion. However, I think we´re set on the Montero 250cc after some feedback from a trusted moto rental shop. What are your first impressions of the Montero?
I'm concerned the Montero 250 doesn't have a mud flap for the rear wheel. :roll: Without a mud flap the piston shaft of the shock absorber will carry mud past the oil seal, ruining the seal. The shock absorber will then leak oil and fail, resulting in a "pogo stick" which lacks any rebound damping. :( In my opinion, an oversight of this manner in a "dual sport" motorcycle casts doubt on the entire design of the bike. :?

Spud :roll:
Wow - really good point about the mud flap. Could you please post a photo of what you mean? Do any of the options we posted above have said mud flap?

Also, how easy would it be to rig something to protect our rear suspension from mud? Would really appreciate the help! -Kevin