View Single Post
Old 02-27-2015, 12:38 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
I'd love to learn about the motor in your bike. May we see pics of it? I'm wondering if it's Honda or Yamaha based.

Yes, most of what has brought us here are small bikes, 250 and under. Several members also own larger bikes as well.
Same here. I've been trying to dig up info but haven't found much. To be honest, this is my very first experience with anything motorcycle related so my experience is very limited. I'm really interested in learning more about this bike.

As far as I can tell there are two versions of this bike...

JL250P seems to be more popular, twin cylinder 250 clone of the Honda Rebel and/or Nighthawk. The limited amount of info/videos I've found about this bike (or the Roketa branded one) has been on this version. All the info I've found seems to be pre 2012. This bike is obviously Dual Exhaust.

My JL250P-2 seems less popular, maybe because it is newer? Mine is a 2012/2013. My engine is a single cylinder 250 and only has one exhaust pipe/muffler on the right side, the other side is blank. I can try to post some pics in the near future.

As far as I can tell everything else seems the same...

My engine breathes through a little cable chocked PZ30 carburetor with a little filter attached to the end of it. This seems to be a really common carb from what I've learned online? I took it apart to clean it when I first bought the bike. That was my very first forte into carbs and learning about them. All my experience with cars has been EFI related.

Any ideas?

Last edited by NSTMIKE; 02-27-2015 at 01:32 AM.