View Single Post
Old 08-22-2022, 11:14 AM   #98

Very true I agree ! .....you never know though and that is the problem.... although it seemed to work very well for you !
thanks for that chart because it does NOT look like that on my bike at all
in fact I discovered that When I held the RPM at 5500 RPM and was Making a Run file for future reference , my bike slowed down and speed up 4 or 5 times while the throttle was held steady..... not good at all so I started looking for the problem and it lead me right to spark so you may well be correct here that same table in my bike is all screwed up , instead of being a smoothed transition like that chart you showed , Mine has anomalies of up to 50 and 51 degrees advance in it ! Why in gods name would they put that in it ? the peeks correlated exactly with the slowdown of RPM on the graph ...it way too far advanced now..... and yet I didn't change that.... that spark chart is original! yet there is a big section in the middle of extremely high spark advance and the 3D view of the chart looks like a train wreck !
.... I am almost to the point of putting the original ECU copy back in it and calling it all a learning experience !
if I don't do that , I will have to change the spark map chart to be reasonable and not so screwed up....
.... I cannot even guess why they put that in the chart to begin with it should look like the one you posted above.... but it certainly does not and that is NOT good for the engine .....
(so leaving it stock is not the answer either ! )
.... I dunno..... it's totally weird ! there is no reason for the spark to go above 42deg in full advance yet Max spark advance is set to 60....... that makes no sense !
Thanks Lukas !
Bob......