View Single Post
Old 08-21-2022, 05:21 PM   #95

Have you noticed that the numbers in the chart are not consistent ? they should be
as they reflect a mechanical device that does not change therefore the curve the spark takes should be a perfect exponential curve.... and the 35.00 in the chart that precedes a lower number is all wrong.... that is not a smooth transition mechanical things don't do that... electronics will, but mechanics won't so go in there and change the number to reflect a smoother change. (make it a few tenths of a degree more than the previous number)
I still say, you don't need to mess with the spark ! leave it alone and you'll be fine
although I will check mine now to see if there is any inconsisities like yours shows ...because that is not right..... someone screwed up ! yes you can do that if there is a need at 5500 RPM to change the spark and then change it back at 6000 rpm...but there should not be a need to do that at all.... that is just sloppy programing !
they copied and pasted the chart and then checked to see if it was right and someone missed that ..... I found several instances in my ECU where that same error had occurred, the ECU is filled with errors if you look closely at it ! like a super high idle when it is well below freezing.... when the engine is cold like that the last thing you want to do is rev it up to close to 3 grand ! you want it to go slow till it warms up not rev up real high ! they did that so it wouldn't die after you start it and it's cold but your shooting yourself in the foot doing that ! Revving it up like that before the oil pressure has gotten up is really hard on the engine.
I don't know, putting your faith in a company that you know nothing about doesn't sound wise to me..... they SHOULD know what their doing ...but what if they don't ?
and there are more companies that are Bad out there than there are good ones !
so your chances of finding a good one .... arn't the best in the world !
.... when I contacted them they said they had no maps for the RX4 and we have no experience with it..... that tells me to stay away and if they do modify a map for the RX4 they will take their experience from other bikes they have more experience with
which SHOULD be fine..... but it is not that same model and that scares me !!!!
I know enough about the internal combustion engine to know that each one is different
it is a big mistake to group them all together and say if it's good for this one it's good for that one too....... I am guilty of this myself, but I also look for signs that it doesn't like it ! and a mechanical contrivance will tell you if it likes it or not you just have to know what to look for .
the spark curve should be a nice slow curve to the target full advance number
the curve is an exponential curve now days not a parabola as in the days of old.
it's real hard to do a exponential curve mechanically so when they came out with electronic ignition they immediately changed that and it was a good thing, the engines gained more power at top end because of that !
Now days the ECU contains everything electronic ignition and the injector timing as well as a bunch of other things that are technically useless to the running of the engine but they have the space in there so they added it... like carbon canister purge timing
and down to the nat's ass fuel air ratio at almost every possible RPM ! it really is amazing what they have pulled off..... but they did it in a big hurry ... and it Must be fine tuned to be right !
Bob......