View Single Post
Old 09-12-2023, 01:37 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrider View Post
Oddly enough i have an old Pi sitting here that i originally used for game emulation,browsing and streaming. Its a newer Model 3B that has the Ethernet port built in. May need to look into repurposing it for that use since it has sat unused for well over a year now.

A Pi 3B will be more than adequate to run pihole. I run mine on Pi Zero because I have so many of them just laying about back when you could buy them for just $5 ea from Micro Center before the whole chip shortage fiasco.

I also have Pi 4 but that I have dedicated to run NextCloudPi. Think replacing Google Drive, Google Calendar, Contacts etc. Moving all that cloud data back to your house so Google and other companies that pay google for access don't access your data and use it for their own purposes or resale to marketing companies. The main cloud server runs off of a spare SSD from an upgraded computer that got a bigger one (USB3 to SATA adapter) and that gets backed up nightly in diffs to a multi terabyte spinning rust external hard drive (USB). My phone and tablets are all hooked in so that I have all my photos and contacts with me at all time, all served out by my home Pi 4. Then I have wiregaurd on the Pi 4 as well so when my phone leaves my house and goes onto the public phone company networks it sends all traffic through an encrypted tunnel pipe back to my home network so the phone company doesn't copy all my network traffic. It's all quite a nice setup.

For a while I was running both pihole and NextCloud on the Pi 4 but for redundancy I moved pihole to a dedicated Pi Zero. I might move it back again one day but if the 4 ever goes down then the Zero is still up and running and keeping the whole home network running.

I am savvy enough to run my own dedicated Linux distros on my Pi but I was lazy with the Zero and put DietPi on it. If you are not as savvy then DietPi can automate a lot for you and make it seem easier to manage an SBC.
- #42 / #120 Jets
- 1mm thick nitrile O-ring needle shim (removed)
- Kenda K761 Dual Sport Tires
- Sedona Standard Thickness Inner Tubes
- Stock OEM battery, carburetor, spark plug still going strong
- https://youtu.be/dhAYEKH-jFQ

1. Texas Pete's Templar X 250 Torque Specifications Sheet
  2. Texas Pete's Engine Displacement Calculator
  3. Texas Pete's Tire and Rim Compatibility