View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 10:45 PM   #23

A little progress was made tonight. sorted some wiring and ordered an original fuse box with some undamaged wiring for 10$ from Ebay. Should be in next week. Evidently, original owner had tried to rig up aftermarket fuse panel, but, eliminated the pre-fuse (bigger one) and then, when they wired it all up, the ignition wouldn't turn anything off because everything had been run (the hot to the ignition and leading away from it) back to the aftermarket fuse box... was a mess... but, not irreparable.

Also found that the CDI ignition, the original one, was bolted to the bottom of the airbox. Someone had cut the wires and then just run it to another one (same kind luckily) and had it dangling in the frame... So, Not sure why they cut the wires and the plug off and then butt-connected it back together. I may fix it right or maybe just wrap the butt-connectors in black tape the way they had it...

I'd actually wager a bet that the original one works, seeing how this wiring is so crazy.

I absolutely love projects like this; when the machine is fundamentally sound but all this little cheap stuff is messed up. It's like a Jenga game with a running motorcycle as first prize at the end.
2002 Porsche Boxster S
2017 Chevy Bolt

“Throttle twisting geek” -LFN