View Single Post
Old 05-04-2023, 12:49 PM   #18

I totally agree with Herbie regarding the chip on his shoulder in the review vid. Admittedly, I didn't watch the second video because after the first one, I'd seen enough and knew what his mindset was.

Again, if it's TRUE that Venom sent Yammie Noob a list of demands, in advance, for his review video, then shame on them. I'd be infuriated and have a bad attitude also. I'd like to hear from Venom on this here, as I've always read here about how good of a dealer they were. It seems them and CSC boil to the top, for sure.

Regarding Yammie Noob....I mean, come on. You don't even check the chain tension before heading out? Really? These bikes were tossed together and crated. Granted, we as China Riders fine tooth comb every bike we get. I've done the same to ALL bikes I've bought, especially new bikes. Lord knows I've found enough issues on new stuff from Japanese dealers. As I've stated in another thread, my Royal Enfield was the only bike I've ever bought that was perfectly setup and didn't need one adjustment, other than control preferences.

Bottom line is, if a new buyer doesn't know to check chain tension, real wheel alignment, or cable adjustments, you best not buy a China bike. If you want to ride something off the dealer lot, and your idea of maintenance is bringing it back in and complaining, then by all means, spend the thousands more.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350