View Single Post
Old 09-25-2014, 01:26 PM   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to TheBeege
That's good to hear. Now, I just need to get tools hah. I'm lucky enough to live walking distance from a hardware shop.

So here's the clutch lever:

Here's a parts photo of the cable...

In the parts photo, the round, black rubbery thing on the left is the adjuster? And the nut is the gray ring between the adjuster and the lever assembly?
Assuming these are right, I played with it a bit. When tightening it and loosening it, it either wouldn't completely leave the gear (shifting into first would propel the bike even when the clutch was pulled in) or it would be very difficult to actually shift gears. I forget which was tightening and which was loosening. I can go play with it again.

Is there anything that should be done on this end of things?

Here's the headlight assembly:

It actually flickered then turned on when I started her this morning:

This is with the brights on:

I can't discern any difference between the two. The fact that it's flickering still makes me think it's a slightly loose wire. I did find a wiring diagram elsewhere on this site. I saved it to my Drive just in case it disappears. I'm not sure I could relate this diagram to the actual wires in the bike. Is it meant for that, or is it intended to provide just a logical explanation of connections?

Also, it's occasionally been... skipping? I'll be riding and it'll act as if it's shifting - throttle will cut for a second then come back a little stronger. It happened again this morning when I was trying to get her back into neutral. I noticed the little red battery light blink when it happened. Is this something to worry about?

Thank you so much for taking an interest!!!!