View Single Post
Old 12-13-2017, 11:04 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
Just for comparison, a side by side before and after so far. Note that in the after picture you can actually see the end of the valve guide, where the before picture it is hidden. A lot of material got removed around the top of the guide.
I took a valve side shot to show it a little better. I still want to do a bit more work around the sides of the guides, and then blend it all together a little more, but I want to try and remove as little material from the bowl as I can, so a little of that recess around the bottom of the guide will likely stay where it is. We will see though. My main reason for this is to try and maintain some velocity. The port opens up quickly between the seat and into the bowl, and opening it up too far could kill velocity. So my main focus has been to simply remove any flow path restrictions.

You can tell I couldn't help but hit the guide a couple of times. The carbide burrs I am using are even fairly small, but there isn't a lot of wiggle room to work with. This is one of the tightest exhaust ports I have worked with, so I am having some small issues. Already made a couple of marks here or there from the teeth on the chuck of my die grinder. Oops. Ah well, it's all fixable.
looks good. I need to try this.