View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 12:17 PM   #6

Just to touch on an above post. After some thought on this and given the intended use. I am most likely going to look for a small CC electric start motorcycle engine. As pointed out above this will provide me a charging system as well as the lighting system from the donor motorcycle. Rather then using a full size car battery as originally planned the more likely set up will be a pair of motorcycle batteries wired in parallel to double the capacity. Other option being back to the car battery idea but one for an import car such a civic. As for the reverse idea. I have heard of it being done with modified starter motors. But i will dig more into that as i would not be surprised if there are dedicated 12 volt motors with a sprocket on them for this specific purpose.
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)